These directions should be the same whether you are using Amazon’s route 53 DNS or any other provider.
- Login to you where ever you have your domains DNS managed
- In another browser window login and navigate to AWS Elastic Beanstalk service home page. In the green box of the application you’d like to map the URL to, you should see a URL associated with your elastic beanstalk instance. Copy this URL to your clipboard.
- Go back to your DNS hosting provider and click add new CNAME record
- For the name, add in your domain or sub-domain.
- In the CNAME add your Elastic Beanstalk URL that was copied to the clipboard earlier
- Save the new record.
- Have a few beers and wait for DNS propagation to to take place (0-8 hours for CNAME). I recommend Lagunitas IPA https://lagunitas.com/beers/IPA